This section provides Dialogue Guides based on resource documents important to the implementation of IDEA 2004 and published by researchers, technical assistance providers, and IDEA Partnership Partners. Some of the important topics include family engagement, youth role, transition from school to post-school, high school redesign, dropout prevention, school-based mental health, autism spectrum disorders (ASD), and recruitment and retention of qualified personnel. The source documents for Dialogue Guides are selected by Partners. Practitioners, families, and youth with disabilities across the country are writing dialogue guides to key documents for your use. Some Dialogue Guides are part of a larger Collection on the topiic; others are stand alone dialogue starters.
We invite you to read the Dialogue Guide Facilitator Handbook to gain a better understanding of the facilitator's roles and responsibilities in conducting dialogue.
We welcome your suggestions for resource documents. Click on Dialogue Guides suggestions to send them to us. You can use the same link to share your stories and ideas about using Dialogue Guides in your community.
Please call the IDEA Partnership toll free line for help in thinking about ways to use dialogue guides within your community. Toll Free: 1-877-433-2463 (877-IDEA INFo)
Topical Dialogue Guides
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Collection
- Assistive Technology
- Common Core State Standards & Assessments Collection
- Cradle to College and Career Collection
- Creating Agreement Collection / Dispute Resolution
- English Language Learners
- Family, School, Community Collaboration
- Mental Health / Behavioral Health
- People-to-People: The Human Side of Change Collection
- Secondary Transition
- Specialized Instructional Support Personnel (SISP) Collection
- Universal Design for Learning