Knowing your available time and your audience, choose one or many of the dialogue starters below.
1. In your view, what is meant by Universal Design for Learning (UDL)? Please give some examples.
2. From your viewpoint, what is the difference between UDL and differentiation?...and just good teaching?
3. In your opinion, can UDL improve student success? How can that happen in elementary/secondary/postsecondary instruction?
4. From your experience, do you believe there are implications and applications of UDL for employment?
- For independent living?
- Please give some examples.
5. When UDL principles have been applied at the secondary level, how do you assure transfer to postsecondary environments? Provide specific examples.
1. What process /infrastructure will your district use in order to facilitate the implementation and support of UDL?
- What resources will be necessary for effective implementation of a UDL framework across the spectrum of services?
2. How can the school and community-based agencies work together in developing and implementing UDL when appropriate?
3. How can technology be infused in everyday activities in order to apply the principles of UDL? Be specific.
4. In what ways can the principles of UDL be utilized to improve the transition planning process?
5. When UDL principles have been applied at the secondary level, how do you assure transfer to postsecondary environments?
- Please give some examples from your experience.
6. How might principles of UDL be applied to independent living? Please give some examples.
stakeholders working together within the IDEA Partnership:
Role: State Service Agency
Role: Transition Coordinator
Role: Higher Education
The IDEA Partnership, located at the National Association of
State Directors of Special Education, is sponsored by the
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Special Education Programs. 2009